Garage Door Misalignment or Off-Track Repair Service
Garage door tracks house the rollers that facilitate the smooth operation of the garage door. The tracks keep the door in place as it moves up and down when opening or closing. A misaligned garage door off track will cause your garage door to malfunction. In some instances, a bent track may cause the door not to open at all. When faced with broken garage door tracks, the most viable option is to call a trained garage door professional.
Garage door tracks come in three basic types:
- Vertical Tracks
- Horizontal Tracks
- Curved Tracks
What Causes Garage Door Tracks to Bend?
Trying to access a garage with a door that’s off its tracks is not only dangerous, but it can also cause further damage to your door. Therefore, it’s important that you understand the cause of garage door misalignment to help prevent future damage to your door. The main causes of warped tracks include the following:
- Inadequate Lubrication of Rollers: Inadequate lubrication of rollers may lead to displacement and cause the tracks to bend when the door is in motion. Failure to lubricate the roller stems leads to inflexibility, and this may cause the rollers to break, which can cause the tracks to bend.
- Scraping of Vertical Tracks: The continuous grazing of the vertical tracks by the lock strikers may cause the tracks to split and eventually bend. This is common with commercial plants where the opening and closing of garage doors happens frequently.
- Broken Cable: A broken cable will put pressure on the side of the door and cause it to bend sideways. Subsequently, this will cause the track to bend as well, especially when attempting to close the garage door.
- Metal Fatigue in the Horizontal Track: consistent opening and closing of the garage door coupled with constant door weight put on the horizontal track leads to metal fatigue. This causes the horizontal track to warp as it tries to support the weight of the garage door.
- Decayed Footings and Jamb Brackets: The footing of the track and the jamb brackets that hold the tracks may decay due to exposure to harsh weather conditions and rusting. Tracks that run on decayed jambs and footings are most likely to bend.
- Shifting of the Building’s Foundation: It’s normal for the foundation of the building to shift over time due to aging. The shifting may exert slight pressure on the door and tracks, causing them to bend.
- Vehicle Accidents: A vehicle accident is one of the most common causes of garage door misalignment. Accidentally hitting your garage door will consequently cause the tracks to bend as well. The damage might be slight or severe, depending on the impact.
How to Repair a Broken Garage Door Track
Repairing a bent garage door track is not an easy task unless you have the right professional skills to do the job. Trying to repair the track on your own can be dangerous and might even compromise the safety of other people. The only viable solution would be to enlist a reputable garage door misalignment repair service.
Schedule and Appointment Today
If you’re looking for a garage off-track repair service, look no further than Premium Overhead Door Inc. We’re specialists when it comes to offering garage door misalignment repair services.
Don’t let garage door problems bring you down. We’re here to help you get your door working again. With over 15 years’ experience serving residents of San Antonio, our knowledge of several types of garage door tracks represents only a fraction of our expertise. Our highly trained professionals will inspect the damage and make the necessary track replacements. Call Premium Overhead Door Inc. at 210-899-2760 today to book your appointment for a free garage door inspection.
Get a Quote
After we get some information from you, we’ll set up a time to discuss your project in further detail.
How to contact us
If you’ve got questions or ideas you would like to share, send a
message. For anything more specific, please use one of our addresses.